5 Healthier Snacks to Keep Hunger Pangs at Bay
Looking to keep those January resolutions going throughout the year? We want to make it as easy as possible for you to keep the good habits you’ve picked up going all year long. Here’s just a few of our favourite healthier snacks.
1. Propercorn – delicious, light popcorn in five tasty flavours and under 100 calories per bag. And we think Cassandra’s story is pretty special too (she created this wonderful snack!) Flavours: Lightly Sea Salted, Fiery Worcester Sauce & Sun Dried Tomato, Sour Cream & Chive, Sweet & Salty and their newest flavour, Sweet Coconut & Vanilla – Cass even has the shoes to match. Gluten Free, Wheat Free and suitable for veggies too, this really is propercorn done properly.
2. The team at Natural Balance Foods have brought these little moments of joy into our lives. N?kd bars are a great way to eat nutritious, healthy food without compromising on taste. They’re also gluten, wheat & dairy free and 1 of your 5 a day. They come in a variety of flavours and their chewy texture really does keep you going until your next meal (Oasis team tried and tested). Need a bit more convincing, see what happened when they handed sample out to members of the public. Check them out on Twitter – @naked_wholefoods.
3. Special K Cracker Crisps – you’ve all heard the adverts of the woman trying to speak with her mouth full, well we can see why! These little bags are bursting with flavour and are in the under 100 calorie club.
4. Belvita Breakfast Biscuits are designed for breakfast but we think they’re perfect for that mid afternoon snack too. They’re rich in cereals, made with wholegrain, have zero colours or preservatives and made with whole grain. Thrown in are Vitamins B1, B6 and and B9, magnesium and are suitable for vegetarians too. They’re a firm favourite in our office and we believe you’ll enjoy them too.
5. Country Products Their range of Nuts, Dried Fruits, Beans, Pulses, Muesli, Cereals, Confectionery, Sugar, Glacier Fruits, Herbs, Spices & Snack Products means there is something to satisfy all tastes. Make the change and swap these little bags with your sweets and chocolates for a healthier option.
Right, that’s the snacks sorted. How about the beverages? Did we mention that coffee has zero calories and many other potential health benefits – over to Kristin Kirkpatrick she’s the Manager of Wellness Nutrition Services at Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute, here’s her 9 Amazing benefits of coffee article – Thanks Kristin.
Plus, even better news, a study by Sophie Killer, Andrew Blannin and Asker Jeukendrup from Birmingham University have found from their study that ‘when consumed in moderation caffeine…provides similar hydrating qualities to water.’ See their study here .
Green tea acts as a fantastic anti-oxidant and speeds up your metabolic rate (great for fat loss). We know that drinking one flavour may get a tad dull, you wouldn’t eat the same sandwich everyday so we’ve got a full range of flavours for you to try and with the option to order a mixed case, everyone is kept happy.